Eric Cantor for Vice President of the U.S.A.
There have been many articles about how the Left is beating the Right on the web. The primary reason for this is that Conservatives have not had a candidate to rally around. Until now.
Rather than wait for the McCain team to announce a Vice President candidate, we have decided to provide people with an opportunity to join a campaign for a pro-life, pro-family, pro-market, pro-military, dynamic, young Republican-Conservative Eric Cantor.
In a year when the Democrats are about to elect a recently unknown Senator who captured the imagination of liberal Democrats, we (a group of unaffiliated Americans) are dedicated to providing a platform for conservatives to promote one of their own. We believe Eric Cantor will provide a dynamism that does not exist in the Republican campaign. We urge you to join this effort to make our voices heard.
Tell Senator McCain
- Crystal Clear Conservative : For Dems and Republicans it's Do or Die Time [Aug-15-08]
- American Thinker :: The Case for Cantor [Aug- 7-08]
- Heading Right - Cantor : Rising Star [Aug- 7-08]
- Club For Growth Gives Cantor High Marks [Aug- 6-08]
- Mason Conservative :: Eric Fights! [Aug- 6-08]
- Washington Times Editorial :: Eric Cantor for VP? [Aug- 5-08]
- "National Democrats Take Aim at Cantor" - Eric Must Be Doing Something Right! [Aug- 5-08]
- Cantor Considered McCain's Favorite Running Mate | AHN | August 5, 2008 [Aug- 5-08]
- Wall Street Journal :: McCain Vets Cantor as Running Mate [Aug- 5-08]
- CBS VP Hot Sheet: Cantor Takes Off [Aug- 4-08]
- Media Lizzy Interviews Congressman Cantor [Aug- 4-08]
- Richmond Times Dispatch :: McCain Considers Cantor for Ticket [Aug- 3-08]
About Eric Cantor
Eric Cantor is a fourth-term Congressman representing Virginia's seventh district including the Richmond-metro area. At the beginning of his second term in 2002, Eric was selected to serve as Chief Deputy Majority Whip, the highest appointed position in the House of Representatives.
In the 110th Congress, Eric continues to serve as Chief Deputy Republican Whip where he is an integral part of the House Republican leadership team. He also serves as Finance Chairman for the National Republican Congressional Committee where he leads the effort to raise money for House Republican in the 2008 election cycle.
In addition to his leadership responsibilities, Eric holds a seat on the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, which has direct jurisdiction over taxes, trade, Social Security, Medicare, prescription drugs for seniors, health care and welfare reform.
Eric also serves as Chairman of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare. The task force is a coalition of Members of Congress studying the threats international terrorism poses to the U.S. and developing policy proposals and legislative recommendations regarding the fight against terrorism.
Eric Cantor grew up in Richmond, Virginia. He attended George Washington University, and he got his political start interning for the Honorable Tom Bliley and served as his driver on his first re-election campaign. He received his law degree from The College of William and Mary and went on to get his Masters at Columbia University in New York.
While in New York, Eric met his wife Diana and brought her back to Virginia where they are raising their three children: Evan, Jenna and Michael.
- I too am very excited about Eric for VP. Romney, Huck, Ridge are all boring white guys (as rove call...
- I am disapointed with Obama but have been reluctant to vote Rep because of some extreme right wing g...
- The election will be close; Cantor would could be the difference between victory or defeat....
- You are on my short list along with Bobby Jindal and Mark Sanford. We need a true conservative for V...
- My husband is Bruce Walker who wrote that wonderful piece for American Thinker. We have a home in Az...
- As a former Virginian who has known the Cantor family for over 25 years, and as a present resident o...
- Eric Cantor would be a huge help in winning the White House for our Next Persident G-d bless both...
- President McCain , you made a very wise choice . We are all proud of you. This will be my word In Ja...
- Washington- a sea of typical lying politicians, mostly of the liberal democrat type. It is very nice...
- I've been following Eric Cantor for years, for I have hoped he would someday make it to the top. He...
Get the Widget!
The Wall Street Journal reports: Sen. John McCain's decision to vet Rep. Eric Cantor, a little-known, 45-year-old Virginia congressman, as a potential running mate suggests he may be looking outside the traditional vice-presidential framework to find a new-generation leader to...